Doodlist, scribbler, thinker, planner, and all around fun chick.
What her fans are saying:
“…a wit so sharp it should have a warning label…” ~ Dusk Pennington
Best selling author Sue London created the beloved Regency romance series The Haberdashers. If you like your historical romance with a little action, a little humor, and a lot of strong-minded women, then this is the series for you!
Sue grew up writing all sorts of things, but had to admit she was definitely a romance writer when she bought a house on Lovers Lane on Valentine’s Day. She and her husband are living out their happily ever after in Central Virginia.
More About Sue
Sue London began writing short stories about horses and teen sleuths when she was seven years old. After that she traveled to distant worlds, fought with swords and sorcerers, and played with a few undead things. As you might have expected, this means she went into accountancy. Well, maybe that was an odd plot twist, but that’s the difference between real life and fiction – fiction has to make sense.
In her twenties she developed a deep affection for romance, especially enjoying the work of Nora Roberts, Mary Balogh and, most recently, Lauren Royal, Rose Gordon, Danelle Harmon, and Diane Farr. You can thank those authors for leading a sci-fi tomboy into writing historical romances set in the Regency period.
Recent reader reactions:
“Sue London is a very gifted writer. I always enjoy reading her books.” ~ Annie
“It was so well written, and the storyline is wonderfully thrilling. If I could I would have rated this book a ten, but five is all they allow so that’s what it is.” ~ Pattimari
“This witty love story enchanted me, and I look forward to reading more of the Haberdashers series.” ~ ReaderLady
Keep up with Sue and the Haberdashers here:
Interviews and Podcasts
- April 8, 2019: Converting Readers to the Church of Romance https://player.fm/series/journeys-of-romance/episode-34-sue-london on Journeys of Romance
- November 19, 2018: Star Trek V Drill Down on Nerd Lunch
- October 4, 2018: Spaced Invaders Sequel on Sequel Quest
- December 24, 2017: A Christmas Carol Cast Draft on Advent Calendar House Podcast
- December 8, 2015: Give That Guy/Gal Some Work on Nerd Lunch Podcast
- February 24, 2014: Turning Movies Into TV Shows 2 on Nerd Lunch Podcast
- August 19, 2013: Author Interview: Sue London on Timeless Quills
- August 13, 2013: Nerd Romance on Nerd Lunch Podcast
- June 26, 2013: Blooming Author Sue London! on Writing Insight
- June 10, 2013: Sue London on Self-Publishing and Making the Amazon Top 100 on ThinkJenThink
- June 4, 2013: How Sue London’s First Novel Became an Amazon Bestseller in a Couple of Weeks on LindsayBuroker.com
- March 29, 2013: Fresh Voice Sue London! on Writing Insight
- August 1, 2010: A (Not So) Silent Interview with Sue London on ComicBooked
- May 28, 2010: Five Question Friday by Aaron Polson, Writer of Digital Pulp and Fantastic Lies
Sue has a degree in business administration and over thirty years of business experience in multiple industries. Her inner shy person is really surprised that most of the time when you have an issue she knows someone who can help you.
- Should I Self-Publish? Learn the pros and cons of the self-publishing path and assess whether you should try it. Compare the challenges to the traditional or small-press options.
- Market Like You Mean It Marketing isn’t just about buying advertising. Learn how to think about your writing career from a marketer’s perspective.
- Self-publishing Mini-MBA Covering the basics on accounting, marketing, and management to successfully navigate the small-business side of publishing your own work.
- Research Like a Nerd, Write Like a Poet How to balance accuracy with artistic license.
- Make Friends and Influence Authors Much like cats, authors are known as solitary creatures but actually band together for their greatest success. Learn how to find your tribe, connect effectively, and network without feeling like “ew, I’m networking.”